WHO WE ARE
The Chicago Metropolitan Association for the Education of Young Children (Chicago Metro AEYC) is the local affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the largest and most influential advocate in early care and education in the United States, with 80,000 members worldwide.
Chicago Metro AEYC is the premiere quality care and early childhood education organization for children from birth through eight years old. A proven leader, Chicago Metro AEYC is the BEST option for professional development for its Opening Minds’ programs and services, pioneering new pathways and advocating for policies and practices to advance and prepare the entire early care and education field for a global community.
WHAT WE DO
Since 1926, Chicago Metro AEYC has been providing professional development to early childhood professionals. We connect qualified professionals from a range of disciplines and experiences to help solve practice problems, develop leaders, and assist staff to better serve children and families.
More than 9,000 professionals take advantage of our Opening Minds professional development consultation services, conferences, symposia, institutes, activities, special events and online resources each year. Individuals and organizations have relied on us as their go-to resource to influence policy-makers and to build professional competence for 87 years.
WHO WE SERVE
We assist all early childhood professionals and organizations achieve a higher level of performance, helping them maximize the benefits for children in these critical first years of learning. Our programs, services, and advocacy address the needs of a broad array of professionals, from teachers and family childcare providers to administrators and social services professionals, serving all communities in the greater Chicagoland area and throughout North America.
Our conferences and services, geared towards early childhood professionals, are customized to meet the needs of any situation from the “traditional” environment, to those who care for children from families with special circumstances, such as limited or no English spoken in the home, live in areas of high crime and poverty, or are victims of abuse or neglect.
WHAT WE PROVIDE (Programs and Services)
- Head to Toe: The Midwest Interactive Infant-Toddler Conference
- Opening Minds: The Chicago Early Education, Child Care and School-Age Conference
- Type 04 Certification Bilingual Basic Skills Training
- Membership-to-Leadership Program
- Community Garden Project
- 360 Assessment
- Targeted Technical Assistance
- CREATE Results™
BECOME A MEMBER
Members benefit from professional development and support all year. We are here for you throughout your entire career, whether you are new to early childhood or have years of experience.
Click here to join Chicago Metro AEYC online today!
You will be re-directed to the NAEYC membership page. Be sure to select "Chicago Metro" as your affiliate during the registration process.
As a member you will receive:
- Membership in three organizations for the price of one! Your membership in Chicago Metro AEYC also includes membership in Illinois AEYC and NAEYC, the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- 6 online issues of Young Children, NAEYC's journal
- The NAEYC print publication package of your choice: 6 issues of Young Children or 5 issues of Teaching Young Children—for the Preschool Professional (plus a bonus book, Spotlight on Teaching Young Children)
- Comprehensive members receive 5 new NAEYC books each year
- Discounts and special privileges at Chicago Metro AEYC’s conferences and events
- E-mail alerts to keep you informed of timely resources and events
- Networking and leadership opportunities where you can connect with others and develop your expertise
Cost of Membership:
- $135 - Comprehensive Membership
- $ 86 - Regular Membership
- $ 40- Student Membership
Comprehensive members receive a selection of NAEYC books. Students must provide a current student ID number.
For more information on any of our programs and services, please feel free to contact us.