WHO WE ARE
The Chicago Metropolitan Association for the Education of Young Children (Chicago Metro AEYC) is the local affiliate of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the largest and most influential advocate in early care and education in the United States, with 66,000 members worldwide.
Chicago Metro AEYC is the premiere quality care and early childhood education organization for professionals serving children from birth through eight years old. Chicago Metro AEYC is a leader in pioneering new pathways and advocating for the policies and practices that make a difference to children and their families.
WHAT WE DO
Since 1926, Chicago Metro AEYC has been connecting qualified professionals from a range of disciplines and experiences to help solve practice problems, develop leaders, and assist staff to better serve children and families.
Individuals and organizations have relied on us as their go-to resource to influence policy-makers and to build professional competence for 89 years.
WHO WE SERVE
We assist all early childhood professionals and organizations achieve a higher level of performance, helping them maximize the benefits for children in these critical first years of learning. Our programs, services, and advocacy address the needs of a broad array of professionals, from teachers and family childcare providers to administrators and social services professionals, serving all communities in the greater Chicagoland area.
BECOME A MEMBER
Members benefit from professional development and support all year. We are here for you throughout your entire career, whether you are new to early childhood or have years of experience.
Click here to join Chicago Metro AEYC online today!
You will be re-directed to the NAEYC membership page. Be sure to select "Chicago Metro" as your affiliate during the registration process.
As a member you will receive:
- Membership in three organizations for the price of one! Your membership in Chicago Metro AEYC also includes membership in Illinois AEYC and NAEYC, the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- 6 online issues of Young Children, NAEYC's journal
- The NAEYC print publication package of your choice: 6 issues of Young Children or 5 issues of Teaching Young Children—for the Preschool Professional (plus a bonus book, Spotlight on Teaching Young Children)
- Comprehensive members receive 5 new NAEYC books each year
- Discounts and special privileges at Chicago Metro AEYC’s Policy Forums, Institutes and neighborhood coffees.
- E-mail alerts to keep you informed of timely resources and events
- Networking and leadership opportunities where you can connect with others and develop your expertise
Cost of Membership:
- $135 - Comprehensive Membership
- $ 86 - Regular Membership
- $ 40- Student Membership
Comprehensive members receive a selection of NAEYC books. Students must provide a current student ID number.
For more information on any of our programs and services, please feel free to contact us.